Monday, December 14, 2020

 Happy Monday and welcome to a new week. And, a Happy Birthday to my younger sister who turns 75 years old today. Who would have thought either of us would live to be this old. Just wow!

Hey, —- ten days from now will be Christmas Eve. Did do you realize that. This has been the longest “fast year”. What with COVID isolation and restrictions against so many thing and places that we could or can go, it seems the time really just creeps along but then all of a sudden it is Thanksgiving or Christmas or some other event and they have snuck up on me. I guess that is just one of the facts of getting old; time passes and we let our lives become simpler and we just “become”. Does that make sense to anyone but me? 

Speaking of Christmas Eve, I finished my services for this coming Sunday and Christmas Eve last night. I think Christmas Eve service is going to be wonderful. It will be so different from what we have done in the past mainly because we won’t be having two services nor will be be having in-person worship with communion. People are hoping to miss closing the service by dimming the lights, holding out their candles and sis singing Silent Night. It is all tradition at both churches and this has been a year full of setting aside traditions. I’ll be so glad when we can finally get back to “normal”. 

And —- I plan on “normal” to begin once again in January. Well, some version of it anyway. I hoping we can at least go back to in-person worship. We’ll still be wearing masks and social distancing but we can at least worship together. I really miss that and so do the folks of the  congregations. Hopefully by spring, we can even take off our masks. The President-elect, Joe Biden says the first thing he will ask people to do after he is inaugurated is to wear their face masks for another 100 days to help curb the spread of COVID. That would take us to April 1st. We’ll see how that goes over. I’ve gotten used to it but still hate it. 

More good news, Ms. Kate had the last of her physical therapy sessions today. They will come next Monday and officially release her. The only thing she has left from the COVID stuff is a visit with the cardiologist to determine how to handle her low blood pressure medicine issues. That will happen on the 22nd. More importantly, is that she is feeling so much better. She still needs to work on stamina.

Alright my friends, I need to go get on the bike and take a ride for awhile. Have a wonderful week. Stay safe, wear your mask and don’t hug strangers. LOL Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment