Saturday, December 19, 2020

 Well my friends, as nice s the day was yesterday, it is just he opposite looking today. It is 44 degrees, which is okay, but overcast and rain clouds are moving in for today. With that temperature, it is gong to be a cold rain too. On the other hand, it isn’t snowing which is a good thing. I feel for the folks up north who have gotten as much as three feet of snow in some locations. There have been several deaths related to the storm too. I know there was one sixty car pileup that caused a lot of injuries and several deaths. I’m not sure where that occurred. We generally have about a 10% chance of having a “White Christmas” here but this year the weather dude say our chances are a bit higher because of the cold front that is moving in. I actually don’t think it is supposed to start until Christmas Day which may give Julie and Jim a challenge going home. I think they are coming over on Christmas Eve and then going home the day after Christmas. 

Can you believe it? The birds have already emptied a couple of the feeders. I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised, I was sitting in the Sun Porch yesterday morning watching my birds and there were six starlings fighting over the one feeders and it was already half empty. I had just filled them the afternoon before. When I fill those two “Bark-Butter-Bits” feeders, the starling swoop in en masse and they eat until it is depleted. Then they will come in and eat from the other feeders but not nearly like they do on the Bits. It’s like they must keep an sentry up in the trees somewhere to see when I’m going to fill those two particular feeders. I’d quit filling them except the Bits are the favorite food for so many of my Backyard Buffet guests. The Cardinals, the Bluebirds, the Mockingbirds, the Woodpeckers and finches all love those things. The squirrels and birds have also emptied all of the sunflower seed feeders too by now. I should have picked up a couple of bags yesterday and didn’t. I’ll fill what I can and then maybe go get some more  from Pet Supply. I need to go to the grocery store anyway and get some “rice noodles” for Ms. Kate. I think she is going to make “Asian Spring rolls” today. We went out yesterday and got the rest of the ingredients and thought we had rice noodles here at home, only find out that we didn’t. 

This is the last weekend before Christmas. I hope you are not spending it running around like crazy. Relax. Put some Holiness in your weekend and remove the stress. We’re celebrating the birthday of the Son of God; —- not the birthday of Santa Claus. Take time to pray for peace. Take time to share your love and joy with others and please do so safely. 

Have a blessed weekend. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment