Friday, December 25, 2020

 Good afternoon/ evening my friends. Merry Christmas. I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas Day. I also hope you have also taken plenty of time out to stop and think about the reason we celebrate this day. I hate to call it a holiday because that implies nothing more than a day off of work and maybe getting some rest. But, we of the Christian faith know that it is a day that is about a lot more than that, don’t we? Our Christmas Eve service went well and was well received. We had music from each of our organists from the two churches and a young lady from one of the local communities. Her name is Kait Madison and she is a junior in high school but is already recording music videos. She did a great job. 

So Christmas is now over and now we head on to the last week of 2020 and the approach of the year 2021.  I really hope that 2021 will be. Better year for th world. With vaccines coming on line to combat the pandemic, perhaps the medical world will get it under control. But from what I hear, it will be another six months before we can expect to return to any sense of normality. It has been almost a year now so I guess we can handle a slow return to normal. Although, I doubt we will return to things like they were before. I think we as. Society may decide that maybe some of the tings were not all that great prior to the pandemic and hopefully we have found better ways to do things that will be kinder and mor caring for our neighbors and friends. 

Having said that, I pray you will have a very happy and safe New Years holiday. Take care of yourself and others. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment