Friday, December 11, 2020

 Another unseasonably warm December day. It is 61 degrees at the moment. The sun has been shining all morning but the clouds are starting to move in, We are supposed to have rain over night and into tomorrow morning. And then —- December returns with cooler (30s-40s) temperatures but no snow is in the forecast so that is a good thing. 

This morning, I have played my silly computer games, watched a little HGTV, rode fi ve and a half miles on my recumbent bike and had a little bit of the French toaster casserole for breakfast. There is only one helping left and I can almost bet it will not be there tomorrow morning. Yep, I’l be the guilty party.

I had a good day yesterday because I did my first parishioner visit in seven months. I had a couple of folks that really needed to have a visit so I put on my mask and went. The one fellow has ben given a terminal diagnosis and as he says; “hopes to see Santa come before he dies”. It was a heartwarming comment because he has “been Santa Claus” for many years for the church and other places. But, he understands his condition. And the likelihood that he will not see 2021. It was one of those pastoral visits that are hard to do and yet are so necessary. He feels he is ready to die and is not afraid of the process. 

My other visit was to my buddy Bob. I had not been to see him in probably five months and since I was that close to his house, I figured I would surprise him with a visit. Bob is coming up on 88 years of age and I have really seen a difference in his ability to get around in the past 16 years that I have known him. Frankly, Bob has been ready to pass since he lost Georgia Ann several years ago. But, we don’t control that; God does. 

I think I need to make a grocery store run right quick. We need bread to put the tuna salad on that Ms. Kate just made. So, I’ll drop off now. Have a blessed day. Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment