Thursday, December 17, 2020

 Welcome to a grey, cold Thursday. But, it isn’t snowing or raining or any of those other unpleasaaant things so I reckon it is a good morning. 

I have a lot of visitors this morning at the Backyard Buffet and unfortunately, the feeders are mostly empty. Of course that doesn’t mean that there is nothing for them. There is plenty of food under the feeders that they have knocked down on the ground. But they would rather land on the feeders and then stare at me like I’m the ogre that isn’t feeding them. But, I will before the day is over. I’m just going to wait until the thermometer reads  a bit more above freezing. I think it is supposed to go up to 40 today and although that isn’t much above freezing, it does make a difference. The starlings are out there fighting over empty feeders. One of my feeders is a short log with inch and a half holes drilled in it and it hangs horizontally. I fill the holes with what is called Bark Butter Paste. There is a starling that is trying to fly up and get some of the paste because they can’t hang on it like the woodpeckers do. That starling is working itself like crazy and getting nothing for it’s efforts. They are the major source of depleting the feed in my feeders and they come in in flocks. 

Our taping went very well yesterday and I’m anxious to see the finished product after Jacob gets done splicing and dicing and comes up with the final product. I did do the trumpet solo although it certainly wasn’t easy. We had taped it last week and when Jacob sent it to me I hated it because I had too many flubs in it. Yesterday I made it about half way through the song and had to stop because I was actually hyperventilating trying to get my breath. So, I stopped, caught my breath, took a drink of water and started over again. This time it went well. But, I’m afraid that I have just about reached the end of my trumpet playing days. Getting old and out of shape is a sad thing. 

Speaking of “out of shape”, it is time for me to put this aside and get on my bike and take a ride to nowhere. I did six miles yesterday and think I’ll do it again today. 

Have a blessed day. 











No comments:

Post a Comment