Wednesday, December 2, 2020

 Good morning! December 2nd, --- but what day is it. Is it Wednesday or is it Sunday? Since we do our taping for the Sunday Service on Wednesday afternoon, I do get my days  and weeks mixed up. So, --- I guess today gets to be "Sunesday". 

It's another brisk morning out there. I see frost on neighbor Dan's roof top but it is melting  as the sun gets a little higher in the sky. Speaking of celestial events; have you seen the moon the last couple of nights? It has been fabulous. Current orbit has it rising in the north east and setting at just at or slightly before daybreak in the north west. But it is so big and so clear. I was up around 0500 this morning and I think that had I taken something to read out side, I could easily have read it by moonlight. It has been spectacular. And --- although I have not red the article yet, I saw a Facebook post that said the the planets will be aligned just right on Christmas Eve to create a Christmas Star. I'm looking forward to that. The "Pastor" part of me thinks that if there was ever a time that we need a Christmas Star to be seen by the world, now is certainly the time. With everything that is going on in the world, it would be so easy to throw up our hands and say that "the world is going to hell in a hand-basket". But, I refuse to cave in. God is keeping my attitude in check. 

Ms. Kate gets stronger each day and I feel so blessed because of it. Yesterday the Occupational Therapist came to do an evaluation on her and determined that she does not need therapy. Today the Physical Therapist will be here and we'll see what she has to say. Hopefully they will turn her loose too. We still have our recumbent bike and it is sitting in the dining room not being used. We both need to dedicate a time  a couple or three days a week to get on and ride. I was doing ten miles a day, several days a week until I guess I decided I didn't need to do that. That was not smart on my part and she did the same thing. My excuse is that I don't like riding it in the dining room instead of out in the Sunporch. But that is a flimsy excuse for being lazy. Anyway, hopefully Ms. Kate won't need PT beyond what we can do right here. 

I finished my December 20th sermon last night with the exception of the Pastoral Prayer. I'll work on that today. As I said, this afternoon I'll go to the church and we will record the service for Sunday. Then, we need to sit and game plan the Christmas Eve service. I have some ideas and I know Jacob has some ideas and Ms. Brenda will too, so if we brainstorm it, maybe we can collectively come up with a good program. God will lead the way of course and I have no doubt it will come out great. We've never done a Christmas Eve program via the internet. I hope people will take time put of their Christmas Eve schedules to watch it.

Time for me to get to writing something besides my blog. Have a wonderful day. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment