Thursday, December 10, 2020

 What a great morning already. The sun is shining on a 46 degree morning; not a cloud in the sky ad it is gong up to 64 degrees today. I have a lot of guests at the Backyard Buffet although most of my guests at the moment are starlings fighting one another. One squirrel has ventured from the neighbors yard to check out the feeders. But, what makes it a really great morning is that for the first time in almost a month, Ms. Kate said “I feel fine” when I asked her this morning how she felt. Those are the best words I could have heard. Perhaps we are rounding the corner with all of the medication and blood pressure issues and COVID 19. Wouldn’t that be great???

Our worship service taping went well yesterday afternoon despite having  a few technical difficulties with the camera/IPad. For some reason we ran out of memory. I think it was because we also was taping my trumpet solo for next week. But, since the IPad belongs to me, I eliminated a bunch of pictures  from it and freed up a bunch of space. The trumpet solo with Ms. Brenda went pretty well. I’m waiting for Jacob to send me a copy of it. I know I “flubbed” a couple of notes but if it sounds okay, we’ll let it ride. If I don’t like the way it turned out we’ll redo it next week. I was really hoping to be able to transpose the piano to match my key but in the end, I ended up doing the transposing. That is hard to do because I’m looking at what is on e the written page and having to transpose what I’m seeing so that my sound matches what Ms.Brenda is playing. So, I’m following the music but playing something different. If that makes sense to you, you’re doing better than I am.  

I think I will have some French Toast Casserole for breakfast this morning. It really turned out wonderful. I even had a slice for my dinner dessert last evening. I posted a picture of it on my Facebook page yesterday a and several people are asking for the recipe so I need to post the recipe on y page this morning. Ms. Kate never minds sharing her recipes. We believe everyone should eat wel and Ms. Kate is a very excellent cook. 

I’m making a pastoral house call this afternoon. It is my first in months because of the virus. But, in this case it is critically important and needs to be done right away. I’ll wear my mask and take my precautions but when prayer is needed, you go and pray. 

That’s it, my casserole is ready for some syrup and my stomach is growling at me. Have a blessed day. Peace. 







No comments:

Post a Comment