Wednesday, March 28, 2018

This waking up early and being comfortable with it is getting annoying. I think I have forgotten that I’m supposed to be retired or at least semi-so. There is no where I have to be until 10:00 am but at 06:30 I was wide awake. The problem is that I hate to hear the sound of an alarm clock and I almost always will wake up well before it is to go off. I guess it is an internal alarm thing.

Again this morning I’m listening to the pitter patter of raindrops on my roof. It is a light rain for the moment but will send heavy rain in a few waves throughout the day. But this is a gentle rain that will either make you drift off to sleep or —- make you have to go to the bathroom; drip, drip, drip. My guests don’t seem to mind it at all out in the back yard buffet. They are just satisfied that the buffet has been refilled. Finches, cardinals, wrens, starlings, doves, and woodpeckers fill the aviary list and of course life would not be complete without a squirrel or two. I noticed that the Goldfinches have completely turned to their summer bright yellow now. They make a beautiful contrast to the otherwise gray morning. The trees are starting to show more and more signs of leafing out and the Bradford Pear trees around the neighborhood are all starting to bloom.

I’m asking for prayers for my son-in-law, Jim, (Julie’s husband). He was taken to the emergency room yesterday with chest pains and numbness in his left arm. They ran a lot of tests and everything seemed to be okay but he is supposed to make an appointment for some follow-up testing to see if he maybe has some arterial blockage. It isn’t surprising that he would have a problem. He is a total carnivore and wouldn’t let a salad cross his lips.  The cardiologist is supposed to call the ER and set up an appointment for some tests.

Tonight we have Tenebrae practice and then tomorow is Maundy Thursday. Hopefully the service will go well and be the with experience I want it to be for everyone. But we are going to be spending a lot of time at the church for the five days. Or maybe it would be more correct to sat we are going to be doing a lot of running back and forth to the church.

One assumes certain things about people and one of my assumptions is that the people that read my blog are of the Christian faith. If you are, I celebrate your belief with you and pray for your continued  faith journey. If you are not a professed Christian, then it is my prayer that you will develope a relationship with the Lord God who is responsible for your very existence on this planet. I also pray that you will take that relationship one step further and accept Jesus Christ as the way to salvation and eternal life. Take a chance! Read the New Testament. Study what it means to have a life based upon the teachings of Jesus and open yourself up to the peace that being a Christian can bring. The wonderful thing is —- you have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so. So, that is my Easter prayer for anyone who may be struggling with life.

Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment