Thursday, March 15, 2018

I can’t believe that this is my first morning this week to be able to sit out here in my sun porch, have my coffee, and just watch my back yard buffet guests. But here it is Thursday already and that is the truth of the matter. Between doing office hours, Bible studies, Church Association meetings and other meetings, I’ve hardly been home it seems. But today is going to be a beautiful weather day and I think it might be a good day for Ms. Kate and I to get to the cemeteries and put some Easter/Spring flowers on the graves. It is supposed to be sunny and sixty degrees and since it will be our only “nice day” this week, I think we need to take advantage of it.

We had our weekly Lenten meal and bible study last night. Pastor Art is still on vacation so I was to do it. I had prepared a pretty good one I think but at the last moment I changed my mind and we had a discussion about a national social issue. We kept the politics out of it and addressed it strictly as concerned Christians and it went very well with good participation. We only had thirty minutes to talk and they went by very quickly. I was very pleased with our session. We had had a like discussion at our monthly clergy discussion on Tuesday which prompted last night’s session.

If you follow me on Facebook you know that my favorite store to purchase my bird feeding supplies has closed. There are other places to buy specialty product certainly, but checking around on Amazon and other places, the prices are higher and I don’t know about the quality. I’ve learned that the man who owned Wild Birds Unlimited passed away and his wife was just overwhelmed with the business and abruptly closed the store. I pray her life will settle out; she is a nice lady. Perhaps at some point she will be able to reopen. In the meantime, I’m searching for places to keep my buffet going. We have a Petsmart, a Pet Food Center, and a Rural King here in town and they all sell some of the kinds of products that I’m needing. I guess it is time to do some shopping around. One of the products I buy routinely is called Bark Butter Bits and I have about one feeder’s worth left as I sit here and watch the starlings gobble it down like there was no tomorrow.

I need to get my Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday sermons written. I’ve written some notes on each one that I think I’ll use but I need to put them all together and see how they turn out. With luck, they will fall together nicely and I can relax. Or —- I could get them together and they’ll say nothing and I’ll ave to start over. The Lord will provide the message. I just need to make sure I’m using His words and not forcing out mine because I’m in a hurry. As long and busy as this week has been, I love every minute of it and I am so happy and feel so very blessed to be able to continue to serve as a pastor.

Have a good today, and a better tomorrow. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment