Saturday, March 3, 2018

It is a sunny Saturday and that is just wonderful. We certainly can use a sunny and dry day. Although, I have a grandson up in New Hampshire who has been going through the winter weather cyclone the last couple of days and it has been really scairy fo them. We also have a friend who posted a picture of her car that is smashed to heck by a large tree laying on it. They really got hit hard with wind and rain and snow in the north east portion of the country. So, I’ll not complain about a couple of days rain. I’m just thankful for what we do have and I’m thankful that none of my family or friend were injured by their storm.

I have lots of birds at the backyard buffet this morning. God has sent me an extra helping of blessing because the bluebirds were here first thing. I need to refill some feeders today. It is going to be a good day to do a little yard work. The ground is drying out some and I can walk around without getting too muddy.

Yesterday we went to Bob’s place and got the sawdust to put on my asparagus. I took some large plastic bags and we put it in tem. It kept the saw dust from flying out of the bed of the truck and made it easy to use when I got home. I put a four inch layer on my asparagus bed and them took the other three bags that I had to Karen for her asparagus.

To day is my grandsonMatthew’s twentieth birthday. It once again reminds me that our grandkids are growing up. Only Jon is a teenager anymore. Josh is thirty, Amanda is twenty one, Lauren is twenty and now Matt is twenty. That leaves Jon at seventeen. Seems like only yesterday they were just children. Where did the time go?

Julie will be here a little later today and spend the night with us. We haven’t seen her since Christmas so there will be a little neck-hugging to catch up on. I do love my girls and I feel so blessed that all of our kids love Ms. Kate and I. So many families fight and are estranged from one another. But our family is constantly in contact with one another. The girls keep the Facebook Mssenger chat going everyday and so do we. I pray they will always stay close despite the distance in miles. I am an adopted child  and only have one known blood relative and that is a sister who was adopted along with me. We were close for six and a half decades but now are estranged and haven’t seen each other or talked to each other for a couple of years. I don’t know that either of us know where to begin again and perhaps there comes a point where there is just nothing left to be said in life. I just pray that doesn’t happen to any of our girls.

Enough drama talk. The sun is shining and I need to get off of my rump and do something worth while. I hope you have a blessed weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment