Monday, March 5, 2018

Monday, Monday; it has to be Monday because I'm up and not sitting in my recliner but instead am having a cup of coffee while I get ready for work. I need to be at the office by 0900 although there is no one sitting there waiting for me to punch a clock. I can't complain since I only have to be there until 1200 and then I can go do some visitation. I need to go visit one person in particular and I know it will be a hard visit. The fellow has had a stroke and can not talk so that means I need to do all of the talking. Nor can I take him communion because he has to have a feeding tube and can't eat by mouth. Bless his heart. I've known him for years. He is a few years older than me and was always active in sports and other kinds of physical activity. I haven't seen him since he had his strokes and that has been several years; so I don't know his physical limitations for sure. However, we have some pictures here at the church that he drew and painted so he obviously has some use of his arms.

It is another cloudy day with rain on and off. I was in the sun porch first thing when I got up and there were several birds out there; cardinals, starlings, mockingbirds, red headed woodpeckers, and a blue jay. They are all what I call the "long beak birds" and they have no problem fussing and fighting one another for a place at the bark butter feeders. And that was going on first thing. The woodpecker would come in and run off the cardinals. The starlings would come in and run off the woodpeckers and the mocking birds came in and fussed and fought with all of them. The only one that had little challenge was the blue jay. He's bigger than the rest. I guess in the "bird-world"size matters.

I'm trying to work on my Bible study presentation still but have at least come up with a plan and started my research for it. It is only a half hour max presentation. I'm thinking I'll do it on The Cross and the Crucifixion. What did it mean and who actually was responsible for Jesus being crucified? My hope is that I can ask the right questions, the right way, to generate discussion. I know many people believe there is only one way to answer questions concerning faith and religion but I’m not one of them. I’ve never been a Biblical literalist that says “this is the only answer and you must accept what I tell you.” If we were all indentical in our thinking and actions, Gos would only need one of us. Why make a billion copies of a circle if they are all identical. I also have no problem answering a question with “I don’tknow The answer to that question; — let’s explore it together.”

Enough for today, I have work to be done and places to go. Have a geat day and a great week. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment