Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Happy Tuesday my Friends. I’m not quite sure where Monday went but it was over before I knew it. Actually I wrote about three lines yesterday and then was interrupted and never got back to writing. The interruption though was well worth it; a parishioner came in and needed to talk. Those are good moments and part of why I do this job. I’m not a trained counselor but I am a trained listener and usually that is all people really want in the first place.

It is a fairly warm but totally cloudy morning. We’re in the middle of one of our “spring events” which means rain and more rain. There is no use whining about it; it happens every year and every year we get to the point of wishing it would stop. It is warm enough to make us anxious to get outside and wet enough to keep us from it. I need to get out there and rake up all of the sunflower residue tha the guests have dropped on the ground all winter. Every time I go out to do anything, I’m tracking that stuff back in the house. Julie and Jim will probably come over this eweekend and I know their dogs are going to track a bunch of it in too. It can’t be helped.

The bird feeders are not just empty they are EMPTY!!!! Before the rain starts today, I have to get out there and fill at least some of them. Th eup side of it though is that the birds are eating off of the ground and cleaning up some of their own mess. But the neighbor’s black cat was through here this morning and was a bit more interested in my guests than I wanted it to be. Once it hit the crouch and stalking position outside my door, I run it off. But, I have a bluejay out there doing it’s “whining” call as I refer to it. It sounds so pathetic sitting there on an empty feeder telling the world what a poor host I am. LOL

I took home communion to a couple yesterday and hope to do so again tomorrow for another lady. People seem to be grateful that I do that. Many don’t drive anymore and can’t get out. Our church people though are very good at not forgetting our shut-ins. It is a wonderful ministry tha they perform by going by  or calling our shut-ins. When I visit nursing homes, it is so sad to see folks that are so obviously never visited.

Going to stop here and put my garden shoes on and go feed my birds before it rains. I pray you will have a blessed day. This is Christian Holy Week. I urge you to stay in contact with the Lord. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment