Friday, March 9, 2018

Thirty-one degees this morning with cloudy skies. So happy Friday to you. We have successfully reached the end of another work week, or at least the end of the work week is only a few hours away for those of you who actually have a daily day-time work schedule. However, that weekend that you have been looking forward to is most likely going to be rainy and cold if you live anywhere close to my area. Winter is certainly hanging on and being a real jerk. I was talking to my grandson Josh last night and they have about thirty inches or so of fresh snow to deal with and have been with out power for a few days. The north east portion of the country has been hit with a triple whammy of storms and blizzard conditions in the past week and a half. So, a little cold and rain down here is a blessing compared to them. There are millions of people currently sharing that same weather with him. I offer prayers for their safety. The high seas on the coast have been terrible causing flooding. Josh lives well inland and that isn’t a concern to him.

It is supposed to get a little warmer today and the wind is supposed to be less severe. We didn’t go out yesterday to buy cemetery flowers. Ms. Kate gets too cold too easily. Her blood thinner medicines keep her in a constant state of being cold. I’ve told her many times that I think she would wear a sweater at the equator. So, maybe today we will venture out.

I’m finally getting a handle on what I want to do for my Bible study presentation next Wednesday. It has been a bear to pull together. I know what I want to say —- it is just the organization of it that I am  having trouble with. I don’t want to go rambling around my subject and never actually say anything. Part of the problem is my lack of understanding of how to do power point presentations, nor do I have the equipment to actually present a presentation. Pastor Art has a projector but it won’t work with my new lap top. As much as I love my new lap top; it does have a couple of short coming that I could use such as an ability to play CDs and only one USB port. Julie just bought one like mine and she bought a blue-tooth Microsoft mouse to go with it. That frees up her USB port.

I have an extra guest thismorning in the back yard. The neighbor’s long-haired black cat has been here all morning slinking around trying to catch breakfast I think. This is thesamecat that chases off the squirrels and chases them right on upinto the tree. He just went after another one. At least he leave my birds alone, or I haven’t seen him get one anyway.

Time for a coffee refill and maybe a bagel too. Have a great day and a great weekend. Pray for those less fortunate than you and if you hav a chance —- do more than pray. Get out and help. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment