Friday, March 2, 2018

A blessed Friday morning to you. It definitely looks warm out side but that would be a fooler this morning. It is actually only thirty six degrees with a "real feel" of thirty two, so it is a bit chilly to say the least.

I've called my buddy Bob already this morning and will be going up to his house at 1330 to pick up some of his load of saw dust to put on my asparagus. I don't know how much he has or wants to get rid of. He asked if I thought sister- in-law Karen might want some for her garden and she does. So, we'll see what he has and go from there. I'm thinking that I will put it in large bags unless he has a pickup loaded that he's wanting to give me. It would be easier to transport if I have it in large yard type bags. It wouldn't blow all over everything. I thought about taking a couple of wash-tubs up but that won't hold what I need.

I have several things I want to get done today. I need to get the chains off of the John Deere. I'm pretty sure we are done with freezing ice type weather until winter by now. I'll not take the snow blade off just yet. We have been known to have snow up until the middle and even late part of March. But it won't be with ice so I can get that done. I'd like to do some raking but it is just too muddy. The same goes for doing anything in the garden. I'm like most people, get a little sunny weather this time of year and it begins to feel like planting time. St. Patrick's Day is coming in a couple of weeks so if we want to plant any potatoes, I'll need to prep some ground for a hill or two of potatoes. And it will be early  lettuce and radish time soon too. 

I took my truck in for service yesterday. Had them do the regular oil change, rotate tires etc and I also had them adjust and clean the rear brakes. The brakes were just out of tolerance for what I like them to feel like so I had them correct that. Other than that, everything was pretty well on target. Oh, they tried to talk me into doing a couple of things with the old sales pitch of, "well , your mileage, we recommend" but heck, I don't have fifty thousand miles on that truck yet and I drive it once or twice a week if that. So, I think I will just wait and then we'll plan a trip to North Carolina where I know Gary will look my truck over and tell me what is right and what might need to be done, and he'll absolutely do it correctly. He's the best mechanic I know and it is worth driving it down there to him.

I have a couple of things I need to do for "work" too. I have the Lenten Bible study to conduct on the 14th and have not come up with an idea yet. It needs to take up about thirty minutes. It isn't a matter of lack of subjects, it is a matter of trying to fit a singular subject into a single Bible study. But, I have time to come up with something.

Time to get off of the computer and go do some manual labor. I hope your day is as bright as the sunshine and caries you all the way through God's wonderful weekend. Take stock of your blessings and give thanks for them. Share your love with a stranger. You could be the most positive thing to happen to someone all weekend just by sharing a smile and a friendly "hello". We never know what God will use us for. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment