Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Lots of guests this morning at the back yard buffet and why not. It is a beautiful morning to fly out to your local bird seed eatery for some breakfast before you start nest building or what ever birds do during the day. There isn’t a cloud to be seen in that bright blue sky this morning. Weather dude says that the wind is going to pick up pretty heavily this afternoon though. I just might have to get my little garden tiller out this afternoon and see if the garden is dry enough to work up. However, as beautiful as it is out there now, weather-dude actually aid we might have some snow flurries this evening and tomorrow. Let me tell you —- I think God has a real sense of humor.

The daffodils are heads up and blooming this morning in the front flower bed. My daffodils in the back yard though are still in the bud stage and nothing has opened. The crocuses are blooming, the pussy willow is blooming and the tulips are up about two inches. The forsythia is budding out too. Our forsythia never has done very well and I don’t have a clue as to why. They are a plant that when they bloom fully can be beautiful. But when they only partially bloom, —- well, they just look sad. Ours always just looks sad. I need to get out there and put some Epsom Salt on the plants. It is a spring time thing to do. And I need to go to Lowes and pick up my fertilizer and yard feed with grub worm killer in it. Stuff to do, stuff to do.

I did go to see my parishioner yesterday at the nursing home that I talked about yesterday. He didn’t remember me and I’m not all that surprised. He’s eight years older than me and we never ran in the same circles other than at church. His wife was there so we had a good visit, and were able to keep him in the conversation as much as possible in that he can’t talk.

Today is “do the taxes day” for sure so, I think it is time for me to stop what I’m doing and go do them. Maybe, we can get them done and then I can still get outside and work up the garden. Wish me luck. Peace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment