Friday, March 23, 2018

It’s Friday morning and a relatively warm one at that by comparison to what we have been having. The clouds are thick though. I woke up around 0330 for a necessary trip and it was sprinkling rain. Our weather dudes are forecasting about an inch and a half of rain between now and Sunday morning. We don’t need it. I wish it would dry out but that doesn’t appear to be on the agenda any time soon as they are saying we’ll be having rain most of next week. At least it isn’t snow. North of us in Indianapolis they are looking at more snow this weekend and the east coast is looking at a fourth storm in three weeks. So, I’ll count my blessings and quit complaining —- for a minute or two.   I was still thinking about pulling the snow blade off of the JD but —- well I think it looks good where it is for now. LOL

I have the house to myself. Ms. Kate and her sister are off for a couple of days and nights doing sister stuff. So, the normal peace and quiet around here is even more pregnant. Ms. Kate and I are usually home together but we are on different parts of the house doing our own thing and not a lot of  noise happens around here. I miss the ”sound of her breathing” if that makes any sense and I miss knowing that she’s just bback in the office making cards or something. But I’m the one who encouraged them to go and get out of a winter house where it seems we’ve all been hunkered down for too long. So, I’m here in the sun porch doing my thing and have my Bose playing playing some good Gaither gospel music at a volume that I like.

I finished up my Easter Morning sermon last night and put together the bulletin for that service including the slides to go with it. I’ve sent them on to Karen at the church. I need to go to Target or Office Depot and get a couple of reams of paper so I can print my stuff. I’m going to check on a new printer too. I get so aggravated at my printer which isn’t that old. It tends to grab several pieces of paper at a time when printing and thereby spreading the print over the tops of several pages. It is a problem inherent with this model; because the on-line reviews show a lot of complaints about it and there is no fix.  I think if I get another one I am going to get a laser printer instead of ink jet. Since I’m going to look at printers, I guess I’ll go to Offfice depot.

I think we are having a squirrel reunion here at the buffet this morning. There must be at least ten oif them running around here this morning. Mostly they just chase one another around and then come and go thought the neaighbors yards and trees. Maybe they have spring fever too. The rest of my regular customers are here too so it is a morning of blessings just watching them all. I suspect by tomorrow I will have feeders to fill again.

Sunday begins Holy Week and I pray you will take the opportunity to participate in that at whatever your choice of churrch is. We are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal salvation and life. Take the time to give God praise and worship for those gifts. Peace.

1 comment: