Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The coffee sure tastes good this morning as I look out at the back yard buffet that is covered with patches of snow. Much of what fell melted but roofs are covered and the feeder tops all have snow frozen on them. It is thirty-two degrees but wuth the breeze that is ringing my Corinthian chimes the feels like temperature is about twenty -three. I’m glad I don’t have an outside job or don’t have to go out and fill the feeders this morning. I did that yesterday before it all started. But, the sky is blue with only a couple of clouds and the sun is shining. Unfortunately, it is a false promise because the temperature isn’t supposed to rise more than about ten degrees today.

All I have seen at the feeders so far this morning  are some gold finches. But, there are about a half-dozen starlings sitting high up in the neighbor’s tree. I think they are having a staff meeting before coming down for breakfast. Or, —- maybe it is an early morning prayer meeting. Let’s go with that one. One robin and a couple of junkos are hopping around in the yard for their snacks.

I have to go to the office for a while this morning for a staff meeting. Tonight is the Lenten meal and Bible study. My Sunday school class is the “host” for the meal tonight and we are doing a soup and sandwich supper. Ms. Kate has spent the last couple of days getting stuff ready for it. She made a humongous pot of vegetable soup and I am taking that with me as I go to the church this morning. I also need to set up tables etc for tonight. We had some of the soup for supper last night and it is her very typical delicious. She makes her own beef broth instead of using boxed stuff and I think that makes all the difference. So the house has been smelling wonderful for two days with the oder of that beef cooking. The extra benefit is that when Julie brings the dogs over next time, we have some good bone treats for them. She does the same thing for her chicken noodle soup. One of the ladies will be bringing chili and another  will be making potato soup. I think the other ladies are making up peanut butter sandwiches and pimento cheese sandwiches. I’ve never liked pimento cheese but I guess some people do. But then, I’ve always pulled the pimentos out of the olives too. Hmmmmmm; how would you like to have the job of stuffing the olives with those pimentos? I wonder how they do that?

The cardinals have now moved in for breakfast so I think I will sit and enjoy their company and take a few moments to give proper words of gratitude to God for yet another day of life and blessings. Once again I am lifting you up in prayer so if you are having a crappy day, just remember that someone loves you and has said a prayer for you today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment