Wednesday, June 1, 2016

I am compelled to begin my morning by saying "Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!" It is 0845 hrs and the sun is shining brightly, the birds are singing loudly, and it is already 79 degrees but only going to 84. I call that just about a God -given perfect.

I had visitors in yellow in my yard this morning and it wasn't a goldfinch. It was the water and sewer department and they were looking for the sewer manhole. I went out and showed them that they were on the wrong side of the fence. It is the new one they just put in over in Ms. Margaret's yard. Their map showed it to be in our yard. I'm so glad it isn't in our yard. They would have had to tear out my fence as well as a lot of wonderful plants like lilies and azelias.

The robins are busy this morning running around and grabbing bugs and worms. I must have a half dozen at least, although it is a little tough to tell as fast as they move around. And they are going in and out of the plants so maybe the one that went in isn't the same one that came out. The robins zip around here and there all in a tizzy and the doves just kind of waddle around slowly, cleaning up dropped birdseed from under the feeders. It all works out fairly well out there. The larger birds, like the grackles and starlings are such messy birds in the way they knock seed to the ground tying to get food, and the other birds then can clean all of that up for their meal. Once in a while though I do have to rake under the sunflower feeders because the stuff stacks up and the ground get mushy. My dearly departed mother-in-law had mounds of seed and hulls under her feeders.

It is Wednesday again and of course that is bulletin running day. I have two weeks worth of bulletins to run today because we'll be on vacation next Sunday. We'll leave for North Carolina after church this week. We'll spend a few days at Lisa's house and then a few days in Pigeon Forge , TN on the way home. That will pretty well use up all of our vacation time for the year. I think we have one more week and we are saving that for when Lauren comes to Indiana for a motocross race in August. If she doesn't get to come here to race I reckon we'll just take a week later in the fall and do something.

I need to go to the nursing home today and check on a couple of parishioners. One is a permanent resident and the other is there for therapy although at her age and mental state, she could very easily remain there. But, hopefully she'll be able to return home to her hubby of well over 60 years. They deserve to be together.

It is time for me to get busy doing other things so I'll drop off of here for now. I hope you have a wonderful day. No matter what challenges you may face today --- God is there beside you. I take great comfort in that fact of knowing I'm never left alone. You can take comfort in that too. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment