Thursday, June 30, 2016

A nice Thursday morning greets me this morning. The sun is shining and making the red on the cardinals even more brilliant. The temperature is currently in the low 70's and only going to the low 80's so it should be a nice day.

My day is starting to fill up though. I need to get ready and go to the Wildbirds and Things for stuff and then to the Pet Food Center to get more stuff. My supply of bird food products has dwindlesd to next to nothing. Ms. Kate handed me  $100.00 bill last night and I said "Now I can afford to go to the bird food store', and she said "then I better give you another one!" Such is the life of a bird lover, and the life of a guy who likes to watch the world from the sunporch.

Some of the phlox is really starting to bloom out nicely now. That should provide more nectar for the hummingbirds. Between the bees and the hummingbirds, those blooms get pretty worn out.

Yesterday was a fun day. Ms. Kate and I got up early and we went blueberry picking. There is a U Pick place about 30 miles from here. We've never actually gone to the place and picked the berries before. We generally have just stopped by their farm and bought from their coolers. But, it was a beautiful day and we needed the exercise so we went. The plants were loaded with berries. Blueberries are so easy to pick and the plants had so many berries on them that we picked about fourteen pounds in about 40 minutes. The next thing we need to check on is the local peaches. They should be coming on about now. We usually put up a bunch of peaches in the freezer, but I still have a freezer full. But a fresh peach pie or two would be good. Or maybe Ms. Kate would make a peach and blueberry pie.

I got a call this morning from a very good friend asking me if I could possibly do a funeral on Monday morning. Monday is they 4th of July and Julie will be here but -- friends do for friends and the man that is being buried has no church affiliation. So, I agreed which means I have a funeral to put together today. Saturday I have a wedding to do so our visit with Julie is really messed up. But --- we take what we can get out of life and make the most of it.

It is time for me to get busy. I hope you have a great Thursday. Take a few minutes today and be grateful for what God has put before you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment