Thursday, June 16, 2016

Happy Thursday Morning. Sorry I missed you yesterday. We had a busy morning and day and by night I just generally don't get to the blog. So welcome to my Thursday morning on yet another hot day. It is already 80 degrees out and is going to 95 today. But,today will be a day of all sunshine, we think. Yesterday storms rolled through several times, and some local areas had winds topping 60 mph. I've not heard of any injuries; praise God, but I know there were homes that received damage in the local area.

Yesterday we had dental appointments for our six month cleaning. And, I had to have a tooth repaired. That makes a second tooth in as many weeks. Last week when I broke a tooth and went in, I told the doctor that I had a problem on the other side of my mouth too and he checked it out. He confirmed that I needed repair there too or it was going to break. Many of those fillings have been in there for fifty years so it it is only natural that they will break down after awhile. But -- I got off better than Ms. Kate who is going to have a root canal next month.

After we finished with the dental office we headed out and had some lunch; might as well put those newly cleaned teeth to work; and then we went to the churches because it was Wednesday and as you know, that is bulletins running day. Next we went to the grocery and picked up a few things, and finally home.

My woodpeckers are happy with me. I filled the bark butter feeders yesterday evening. Of course I filled everything else too. There has been a squirrel out there on one of the feeders for a sold hour eating. I'm about ready to close his reservation with a BB on his butt. It is time for him to go to someone else's feeder. The robins are in for a bath this morning, although the birdbath they like the most is almost empty. I'm surprised at that because while we have had several really hard rains, there wasn't much water collected. In this hot weather, I get a lot of birds at the bird baths. I also have a wren this morning that is acting very strange, It has been sitting on the patio floor for some time with its head cocked to one side really far. It has its wings kind of spread out like they do when they are trying to cool off and its little beak is partly open. I wasn't sure it hadn't died out there but then it moved around a bit and did the same thing. Finally it hopped off and then flew away. I suspect it was in fact just cooling itself. I do love my wrens. They are so cute and quick and animated in their movements. They also have some very pretty birdsong.

I'm hoping the John Deere dealer will bring back my mower today. The yards could stand mowing. I won't do it today but tomorrow the temperature is supposed to really drop to the lower 80's and that will be a good day to be out side. Today Ms. Kate and I have some running around to do and I'm doing a good job of getting my writing done. I may try to do some more today. I also need to start practicing my trumpet again. I have a solo that I'm planning to do for the church in August and it will take me that long to stretch my lungs again to make it sound worth anything.

Look out your window today and take in the beauty that God has laid out for you. God has put a whole world at your feet; all you have to do is go out and enjoy it and give thanks for it. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment