Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The sun is literally glistening off of that Cardinal as it sits on the birdbath. There have been two robins enjoying a bath in there this morning too. At one point there was water splashing everywhere because they were both taking a bath at the same time. That will have to be filled up today because luckily, we aren't supposed to be having any rain. There is also a little goldfinch out there that the brightest one I have seen this season. So, the backyard is fully blessed with color from the Lord today. What a great start to a day. As I look around, it would appear that I'll need t fill a couple of feeders again today. The backyard diner is open 24/7 and they do take advantage of it. I also need to get another 100 pounds of black oil sunflower seed because the can is really getting low.

Our Memorial Day came and went with little or no excitement. Ms. Kate spent most of the day creating cards for birthdays, graduations, and thinking of you occasions. I went out and sprayed around the yard for the different poisonous plants like poison ivy and poison oak. If in the process I killed off a bunch of the Swedish ivy --- that would be a plus. That stuff grows and spreads like crazy.  I also spent some time finishing up my service and sermon for this week and also for next week. We'll run those bulletins tomorrow when it is supposed to be raining.

I've been watching the weather off of the east coast of the country. Heather and John are on a cruise up the coast line and it looks like they are having to skirt some really rainy weather. I pray it isn't as bad as the radar makes it look. Honeymoons and sea sickness don't mesh well. John loves light houses and they are on a lighthouse cruise. Today they should be in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I pray for smooth sailing and calm seas for them and hope they'll eat a big ol' lobster for me. Nova Scotia is on my "bucket list" of places to go simply because I've read the lobster there is the best in the world except for maybe South Africa and I'm not going there. But we could drive to Nova Scotia in maybe four days.

Speaking of trips, we are heading to North Carolina for Matthew's graduation next week. We'll only stay a couple of days because the graduation is on a Tuessday evening and all of them need to get back to work. So, we're planning on spending a couple of days in Pigeon Forge, TN on the way home. Just taking our time enjoying the beautiful country we live in. Ya' get to do that when you get old --- and have someone to cover for your job.

Time for me to carry the laundry out so we can get a couple of loads done today. It would be a beautiful day to actually hang laundry out for a change; but I'm glad we don't have to do that.

I hope your day is pleasant and full of God's blessing. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment