Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Avulsion Fracture: that's what has been diagnosed for our Ms. Lauren. I did some research on it and while it is serious, it should completely heal given time and rest. This is the result of the accident she had on her Moto-cross bike . She is now in a sling that completely immobilizes her shoulder and will be for the next four weeks. The "given time and rest" part will be the hardest part for Lauren. We all know that she will be back on that bike at the very first chance. And ---  luckily, her next race isn't until late August.

I'm sitting in the waiting room at the orthopedic doctor's office waiting on Ms. Kate. She's been in there for quite a while. I thought she came in for just another shot in her hand but obviously it is more than that.

My IPad keyboard has been giving me fits. I planned to write this while she was in the doctor's office, but my keyboard quit. I have no idea why but now it is working again and I just saw Ms. Kate come out of the office. So, I'll finish this when I get back home. Now I need to take Ms. Kate to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then to Fresh Market for some groceries.

That was a nice break. We did go to Cracker Barrel. I was in the mood for pancakes  and I love their peach-covered pancakes. Ms. Kate had their meatloaf which in my mind was a waste because she makes the best meatloaf I know of.

The blue jays and the blackbirds have been busy around here this morning. I filled up all of the bark butter feeders last evening and they are totally stripped by this afternoon. When we left the house this morning there were three or four blackbirds out there having at it. And just now there were two big blue jays finishing them off. So, they are just going to have to suck rope because I'm not going out and filling them again today. There is plenty of other food out there. I bought some different cakes for the suet feeders yesterday and was going to fill all of those up. I could easily put out eight at a time. But, when I opened the first one last night it was so soft that I could hardly even get it out of the container without spooning it out. So, I put the rest of them in the refrigerator to let them harden up before I use it. I generally buy the "non-melting" kind but I didn't pay attention that this time because it was on sale. Now I know why.

Enough for today. First, --- I absolutely must offer thanks to the Lord that Ms. Lauren wasn't hurt worse than she was. Her Go-Pro camera caught her shadow as she was thrown across those handle bars. It is a scarey sight because the next thing you see is just a shot of her wrist and hand as she lay there in the dirt motionless. Now I ask for complete healing and a healthy dose of patience to be shed her way.

Have a most blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I know you know I read every day but in case I forget to tell you, your blog makes me SMILE every day and I often share tidbits with my coworkers. <3 Love you Daddy!

    ReplyDelete