Tuesday, June 28, 2016

It's a nice Tuesday morning. My morning started early with a visitation at a hospital for one of my parishioners who is having knee replacement this morning. Her surgery was scheduled for 0730 and the hospital staff was on top of it and took her almost a half an hour early. But we had time for prayer before she went in.

My day really started right when I got about a block from my house and as I topped the hill, there was a large doe standing in the road. That is only the second deer I have seen in this neighborhood in the 15 years we have lived here. She wasn't much concerned about me. She kind of trotted off to the side of the road into a yard and stood there and looked at me. I'm betting somebody is losing their petunias!

I mowed the yards yesterday evening, or at least the front yard and Dan's yard. It really didn't need it but I just wanted to drive my new JD. But now we look manicured out front. I'll do the back yard tomorrow. It just doesn't need it except for a few weeds that are popped up.

So what to do with the rest of this beautiful 93 degree day. I'll probably stay out of it for the most part. I do have some more writing to do; (there's always writing to do and reports to write and services to plan) and I'll no doubt take a nap this afternoon. I didn't sleep all that well last night because I knew I had to be up early. My brain has its own internal clock that makes sure I'm awake. Ms. Kate didn't do any better. I went to bed around 1100 hrs and went to sleep right away. I knew she was going to go play her Klondike game for awhile before bed because that is what she does. But, I woke at 0200 and the light was still on in her office. She had started working on some greeting cards that she wanted to get done and was still at it. I told her it was time to get to bed an she did. Then my alarm went off at 0530 and I got up. She got up around 0900 so I imagine that we will both have a case of the droopy eyelids before long. In fact, mine are already wanting to close.

Julie is on her way to Cleveland, OH for a conference so I ask God for safe passage for her. It is an almost six hour drive but if she flew, it would be a ten hour flight with plane changes etc. So, she has elected to drive. I don't blame her one bit, except that Ohio is one of those states that I hate to drive through. There is always so much road construction that it seems to take forever to get anywhere.

That is my tamale for today. I hope you have a great day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment