Saturday, June 18, 2016

It is another beautiful morning, although it is already ten degrees warmer this morning than it was yesterday morning at this time. Yesterday we only reached 84 degrees and it is already 81 this morning, going up to 91. But --- you won't hear me complaining. The temperature in so any of our western states is unbearably hot. I think it is supposed to reach 121 degrees today in Palm Springs, CA. I don't know if that is heat index or ambient but it is miserable either way.

I got the yards mowed yesterday. Neighbor Dan had surgery last Monday and is layed up so I took care of his yard. Ms. Kate and I also did a lot of cleaning and weed spraying in the yard,. I cleaned out this flower bed beside me  and got all of the "not phlox" plant pulled out of it. It really looks bare but now the phlox can grow. There is a lot of new phlox that was being crowded out by the other plant. I wish I knew what that other plant is called. So, what had been a jungle, (Julie calls it Auggie's Jungle) looks much more civilized. The one job I need to do today is to get the danged mulberry bush out of the black raspberry plot. I've been fighting that mulberry bush for years and it just keeps coming back. I've cut it back, I've tried to chop it out; all to no avail. I think today after I get it cut back I'm going to spray it good with heavy brush killer and see if that helps any.  I'll also need to water my garden plants today and I have an area on the north side that I need to weed eat again. How quickly the temperature climbs today will determine the amount of work I get done out side.

This morning I have mainly finches at the feeders. I had some robins in here a little earlier. The neighbor's yellow cat came through the yard up close to the house and the robins went after it and chased it away. They must have a nest somewhere I don't know about, although it is late for nesting. There is a bird out there that I don't know what it is. But, it has a young bird with it that it is bringing food to. I need to get my bird book out and see what kind of bird that is. The little bird will sit there on the ground until the mother comes back and then it will flutter its wings and hold its mouth open for the mother to put something in to it. I've also had titmouse, and my hummingbird here most of the morning. I had to fill the birdbaths again this morning because the robins and starlings had pretty well splashed all of the water out of them. I had a Robin yesterday that must have come back for a bath at least a dozen times that I saw.

The lilies and the hydrangea are really looking nice, Ms. Kate said she may cut a bouquet for the church tomorrow. It would look nice on the altar. We figure God provided the plants in the first place and they will be good to use to praise Him.

I think I'll get another cup of coffee and set here for a bit yet. The brown thrush just showed up and the cardinals are here now too. Time to sit and enjoy and have a talk with the Creator of all that I see out there. Have a most blessed weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment