Thursday, June 2, 2016

Thursday again already. Seems like we just had one of those last week. This one is a cloudy one and the temp is about 73 degrees. I'm not seeing much beyond an occasional blackbird out my porch Windows this morning. Oh, there are a couple of house finches but none of the cardinals, or robins, or goldfinches to brighten up my cloudy back yard.

Yesterday was a good day because they delivered my new John Deere lawn tractor and it is a honey!! I put the old one back here in the back yard and will use the new one out front. Did I need a new one ---- no. Was I obsessed with getting a new one ---- yes!. I don't a lot of toys but when I do, they take a hunk of change out of my pocket. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do about storage for the old one. It will just barely fit in my storage barn except that I will have to modify the heck out of the doors to the shed. I think I will be a lot better off just going to the JD dealer and buying a cover for it for about $70.00 rather than risk ruining the barn doors. Those doors are designed to hang three inches below the floor boards. It keeps the critters like mice etc. out. If I go cut that off so I can put the ramps up there, then I'll have friends in low places that I don't want. But, I don't want my JD sitting unprotected from the elements either.

I was quite surprised when they called me to deliver it yesterday. Their early delivery became a bit more clear when we discovered that they hadn't brought along the snow blade and the driver didn't know there was even supposed to be a snow blade. I knew the dealer had told me that he couldn't even order it until last Tuesday and then it has to have a bunch of parts installed on the mower so I can easily attach it when I need it. So, when that blade kit etc come in, they will just have to come back and get my mower and take care of it.

Needless to say, I got distracted from my primary missions yesterday of doing visitation and running the bulletins. That will take priority today. Afterall, my lawn is nicely mowed now!! LOL

We are all sending lots of prayers today for Stephanie. She is to have an MRI on her head today. She has a small tumor in there and they need to see if it has grown or not. There is no question that she will have it removed. Today's visit is to determine what their plan of action will be and when. For those of you who don't know, Steph is our "fourth daughter", also known as Heather's best friend for life from way back in high school. She is as much as part of our family as anyone of us is and we love her dearly.

I'm also offering up prayers for Ms. Kate. Her optometrist saw a spot of some kind behind her eye during her examination last week. He was to send a report to our family doctor  It may be nothing, and we hope that, but Ms. Kate is a diabetic and is on blood thinners with a history of two heart attacks and by-pass surgery as well as having had a stroke. And, she also has a rare clotting disorder. We do not want repeats of any of the above. The optometrist thought maybe our family doctor might want to check her carotid artery to make sure she has a proper blood flow. Hence the prayers, and I would ask you to send up prayers too.

Time to wrap this up. --- Hmmm, I wonder if my yard might need mowing again today??? --- I guess not; I'll go get my work done.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment