Tuesday, June 7, 2016

And now it is Tuesday. I should be arriving at my daughter Lisa's house yesterday  but instead I'm still sitting in the sunporch. Our plans got changed around rather drastically. Ms. Kate had a doctor's appointment yesterday that we didn't want to miss. So, we delayed for that. Then yesterday afternoon Lisa called and said that the high school had been hit by lightening and that the craduation and everything else to do with the school had been delayed for a day. Well, we could maybe have still made it --- but then I lost the back half of a molar yesterday evening and caan' together in to see my dentist until tomorrow morning at 0900. I think it is actually a busted crown since I don't have pain. So this is turning into a working vacation with Ms. Kate making her greeting cards and me working on services. We are still planning to do the second half of our vacation in Pigeon Forge, TN so it isn't a total loss.

I am loving this beautiful weather!! It is 70 degrees and the sun is shining with a slight breeze. The robins are out having bugs and worms for breakfast. The cardinals are flitting all over the place. The squirrels have come and gone and I need to fill feeders for sure today. I will say they have slowed down on what they are eating around here. There is enough food in the wild for awhile. That is a good thing.

Our grand daughter, Lauren, heads is flying out to Maryland today by herself. She is the professional motocross rider. She will be staying with a friend out there and racing in a pro WMX race on the 19th. Her friend is letting her use a spare bike for the race. This is the first time she has ever done anything like this and her mom said Lauren cried buckets when it was time to get on the plane. In her element she is the boldest, bravest girl I know, but her parameters are pretty limited when it comes to leaving her comfort zone. I really hope it is a great experience for her. She and Heather are driving across country in August and Lauren will race here in Indiana about three hours from our house. Needless to say --- there will be a huge contingent of Indiana family there for that race. Then her dad flys in to meet her and will drive her on up to Michigan for another race and they will then drive back to CA while Heather flys back to CA after the IN race. Yeh, I know ---- it's hard to keep up with them. It is possible that our North Carolina grandkids, Amanda and Matthew, will drive to Maryland to watch her race. It would be an eight hour drive each way but they can handle it. I know it would really thrill her to see family there in a strange place.

Neighbor Dan is grilling again today and says he is bringing some over around 11ish for us. Everybody should have a neighbor Dan.

Time to recharge the IPad; I'm down to 29% battery. It is also time to get some work done. I've had my devotions, I've had my coffee, I've done my blog and played Criminal Case on the IPad. Time to get my bum out of the chair. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment