Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Wednesday has come around once again and I'm very glad. I think it would totally suck if the world ended on a Tueday. It would just leave everything so incomplete wouldn't it??

It is already 84 degrees this morning and going to 95 today. For the third day in a row we have been told to expect the possibility of severe thunderstorms but so far the only water we have seen came out of my garden hose as I filled the bird baths up again and watered the garden. If it doesn't rain today I really need to water again because the weatherman has now said our weather "will improve" and the rain will be holding off for a few days.

I can tell this weather and heat has affected the critters. The birds tend to sit with their wings partly flared to allow for air and cooling, and they sit with their beaks partly open. The robins, cardinals, blackbirds, and a few finches are all vying for time in the birdbaths too. So, ---  I need to keep those full. The squirrels walk differently in the grass too. They seem to be walking more "bow-legged" as if to keep their bellies up and out of the grass. And they spend a lot of time just drapped over a limb. I guess today I will fill the bark butter feeders up again and pull some of the seed cakes out of the refrigerator and fill some of those feeders too. While I'm at it I might as well top off the rest of the feeders too.

But, first, my day is full because it is Wednesday and we all know that means going to the churches and running the bulletins, going to the nursing homes, and then I have a pre-marriage counseling session this evening for a wedding I'm doing on the 2nd of July.  Then, this evening my nephew is coming over to talk to Ms, Kate and I about their trip "out west". They are leaving tomorrow morning and will be gone for two week. They know we've done the "out west" traveling many times and now we are planning their trip for them. With two weeks, --- they can see and do the Black Hills, Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons fairly well and then head on back home. I'd like to route them somehow to go through Oklahoma City too so they can go to the Muir Federal Bulding national Memorial. I believe every American should see that. It is the ultimate representation of the destruction and horror that people can do to one another because of hate and ignorance.

So, I need a second cup of coffee and then I need to get myself busy. I lift up prayers this morning for folks who are running from out of control forest fires in the western part of the nation. Many folks have already lost homes. I haven't heard of any loss of life so far and my prayer is that we don't. I also pray that your day will be full of blessings. If you have no other good thoughts today --- just know that I said a prayer for you and your peace of mind. Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment