Saturday, June 11, 2016

A glorious Saturday morning to you. I'm again on the patio of the pool enjoying the morning as it passes me by. There is only one child in the pool with his dad so the noise is minimal; unlike the hordes of people that passed by our room this morning. I'm not so sure thata the "upgrade to first floor" was as big of a blessing as we thought it might be. We are at the intersection of one of the entrances, the doors to the indoor pool, and a stairway. There is a contingent of maybe thirty people here for a family reunion and they congregate and meet one another right outside our door every morning. It literally sounds like they are in our room. Ms. Kate says, "it's bad enough they meet in our room, but they didn't have to lay on the bed and use my pillows". And --- needless to say, if you follow them down to the breakfast area, they are spread all over most of the tables and are talking over one another so it is loud. Ms. Kate didn't want to get in the middle of all of that this morning so I went to breakfast by myself. I heated a couple of bagels and grabbed a couple of packages of peanut butter and brought that back to the room for her to have breakfast. Their noise and taking up all of the tables is my gripe. One the other hand, they are together celebrating family and having fun, so God bless them. I hope they are enjoying themselves.

I don't know what or even if we are going to do anything again today. Our big "outings" so far have been to the pizza place and the ice cream place, and them to Walmart last evening. But, when you come without a plan --- life can be simple. I have a lot of books here in the Nook application n my IPad. I've started several of them and haven't gotten back to them because I never have time. So, that might be my plan today. Being Saturday, traffic is going to be a monster today and there is an ozone alert today because the air isn't moving much. Being out in this isn't the best for my asthma.  I can see from my vantage point that traffic is already heavy. I did bring along swimming trunks; perhaps I'll get in the pool or even the hot tub. That ought to scare the natives away.

Ms. Kate and I decided last night to take a short walk. So we decided to walk around the perimeter of the hotel. However, we were about half way around when we were interrupted by a little black and white critter on the sidewalk in front of us. We decided we would reverse our direction and not cause it to test its stinker button. We have a skunk that hangs around the St. Lucas church area. I've seen it several time when I go out to the parking lot after choir.


There aren't many birds or critters out here this morning. The only thing I see flying are the helicopters taht are taking people for rides. I think that would be fun to do but I would never ever get Ms. Kate in one. Besides, I've flown in my fair share of helicopters during my military career. And I must say, I enjoyed it every time.

I guess that's my tale for this morning. There is a gentle breeze blowing on me as I sit here and it could easily lull me back to a nap as I sit here in the shade. However, I need to go in and see what Ms. Kate might have figured out to put on our agenda. I pray you'll have a most glorious weekend. I wish you God's peace and a life full of blessings. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment