Friday, June 17, 2016

TGIF!  What a pleasant, beautiful morning. It is 70 degrees, the wind is just a slight breeze, the humidity is low, the sky is a mix of sun and clouds. I've closed the sliding doors to the house and have opened the doors up here in the sunporch and am letting the place air out! It is an ideal situation and chance to even better hear the birds and enjoy God's world.

I have lots of guests for breakfast in the backyard this morning. Mr. Fuss-a-lot, the bluejay brought a friend. The hummingbirds buzzes back and forth to the feeder. The finches are here and several cardinals are also at the feeders. I filled the birdbaths first thing this morning so I'm sure they will be in full use before long. And, of course, the starlings and blackbirds are flying in and out like it was a drive through or something. I have a brown thrush or two running around here. They come through here about this time every year and then they disappear until late fall. There is a cat walking through the yard by the west fence. It's trying to keep a low profile but every bird knows it's here and they are staying off of the ground while it makes its way across the yard.

My birdsong is interrupted by the clanging of the trash trucks making their way up the street, but that won't last long. There are two companies that have Friday morning routes in this neighborhood, so there will be more noise later. Our guy comes on Thursday morning and generally before I even get up.

I'm going to work outside today. This flowerbed next to me needs thinning out. We have two different kinds of plants in there that compete for space every year. One is a phlox and the other one we have no idea what it is. They grow the same height and about the same rate. But the "non-phlox" is more invasive and will crowd everything out if I don't pull it. Since it has rained and the ground is soft it is a good day to do that. The only way to tell them apart is to examine the leaves of each stalk. I'll also mow today. The John Deere folks didn't bring my new lawn tractor back yet so I'll use the old one and do the yards. Those guys at Hutson John Deere wouldn't last long if they worked for me. They are slow, they are indifferent to their customers, and unfortunately, they have a monopoly. That place is under their third ownership in fifteen years but unfortunately, they keep the same employees who, as far as I can tell, couldn't care less whether you come in or not.

So, --- that's it for this Friday morning. I'm going to pour a second cup of coffee, read my devotional and give thanks to God for everything I see. Days like today should be given praise for. I hope your weekend is a good one. If you are a father --- Happy Father's Day. If you. Still have a father living -- give him a hug or a call. And --- don't forget to take time to worship God the Father. It's the very least you should do. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment