Wednesday, July 22, 2015

 Alright --- who took my Tuesday and what did you do with it? Suddenly it is Wednesday and the week is passing quickly. Yesterday was productive so I guess I'm the culprit in losing the day.

Are you needing a raccoon? We have an extra if you need it. Last night Ms. Kate called down on the intercom asking me if I was downstairs, which I was. She said; "well something is outside then making a big racket." So I came up and went out the sunporch door and sure enough, a huge raccoon was waddling off across the yard. It had somehow gotten up a pole that we hang a couple of feeders on, knocked the cage feeder to the ground and broken part of it just to get to a cylinder of feed that I keep for the smaller birds. We had had a mystery concerning that same feeder last week and I had blamed the squirrels. So, --- now I have squirrels, rabbits, a turtle, possums, voles, and lots of birds, all vying for my birdseed and my plants. That's a lot of critters for one back yard.  I'm also sure now it was the raccoon that actually stole one of my feeders a couple of days ago because they will knock them down and carry them off. I've had to hunt down feeders before.

Being Wednesday, I guess we will head to the church today and run the bulletins and the monthly newsletter. First we need to run to the birdfeed store because they have some of their feed at 20% off and that is a good deal. After all, if I have to feed the entire animal nation --- I need to get my stuff on sale.

The sun is shiing and a nice wind is blowing and it is only 75 degrees this morning. It would be a perfect day to work outside. But by the time we get back from the churches, it will be hot and humid again. Another lost opportunity because I didn't get out of bed at the crack of dawn and get busy. That is what my Grandpa Heumann would have done. He would probably wonder why I'm such a lazy slug. Of course, my grandpa didn't work until midnight and go to bed at 1:00 a.m. either. He was in bed by 8:00 p.m.

It is time for me to finish up my coffee and get ready to head out the door. I hope you have a blessed day. Just being alive and breathing and and sitting here in the sunporch with Ms. Kate has already made my day a day full of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment