Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I started early today but am just now getting around to the blog. I'm usually finished up about now. But, it has been a morning of interrupting ourselves to do other things including a bit of shopping and running around and me getting a haircut. I was getting a bit shaggy before vacation and now I needed it for sure. 

We escaped the storms that were promised, praise the Lord. Julie's area got hit hard. I saw her post on Facebook that their television viewing area had over 16,000 lightening strikes last evening. That's a bunch. Here, we had only a light shower for about thirty minutes and then it was all over. 

The birds and the squirrels have been busy at the feeders. Several are half empty already. I think the bark butter paste and the bark butter bits are all gone for sure. All of the "long-beak" birds love that stuff and een some of the litle birds try to eat it. Things are quiet out there at the moment. It is too hot for the birds and critter to be expending much energy. The current heat index is 105. Its not fit for man nor beast. Here in the sunporch it is probably 75 degrees and the overhead fan keeps a light breeze going. It may become nap time real shortly, especially since Ms. Kate just fixed us lunch and now we are both in our recliners. She didn't sleep worth a hoot last night so I reckon she will be ready for a nap real soon.

The phlox is really looking good now and is fully in bloom. The bees and the hummingbirds love the phlox. I've also watched the hydrangeas turn back to green. They start out green, turn white for a few weeks and then turn back to green. Then the blossoms will turn brown and dormant and remain on the stalk until late fall when I will trim them all back. 

I reckon that is it for today. Think kind thoughts; stay in contact with God; and do something nice for a stranger today. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment