Friday, July 17, 2015

It is good to be back inside. It is only about 10:30 in the morning and already 90 degrees. The heat index is supposed to go to 108 today and I do not want to be out in that. So, I read my email and Facebook first thing this morning and then went outside and jumped on the John Deere and mowed my front yard and Dan's yard before it got too hot. I also picked the cucumbers and the tomatoes. I still need to fill the birdfeeders but obviously there is still food there because there are squirrels on three of them. So, that can wait until sundown.

I have a lot of cardinals here this morning and they are getting plenty to eat. One thing that I do need to do though is fill the birdbaths. One would think that with all of the rain we have had that the birbaths would still be full. But, the blackbirds and robins get in them and splash all of the water out. I had a blackbird out there a few minutes ago and he wasn't getting very far in getting a bath or a drink. In this heat they really need water.

I guess since it is hot outside, this will be laundry day for Ms. Kate and me. I've carried it out to the laundry room. She doesn't like for me to start it because I tend to just throw the stuff in, throw in a soap packet and turn it on. She wants to do pre-treating, separating etc. Oh well, after almost fifty years of being married, if we need something to disagree about, it might as well be laundry. When a wash load is done, I transfer it to the dryer because she is too vertically challenged to reach the bottom of the wash tub. When it is all dry, we fold it together. Frankly, I think people could learn a lesson from folding and doing the laundry together. It is a simple act of doing things together rather than thinking it is one person's job or the other. It may be the most mundane of all household chores but and yet it is an important chore and it is shared responsibility. I  have no proof or study to back it up, but, I'll bet some of the most solid marriages are those in which the couple does the laundry together. I say that simply because I also think that couples who do that, --- most likely do most other things together and also have a good line of communication between them. So, my advice is that the next time you might be in a bit of a spat with your significant other --- go fold the sheets and underwear together.

Except for the heat, it is a beautiful day out there and I give God thanks for that. It is wonderful to have a few days of no storms and rain. The sun is shining brightly on my flowers and makes the whole back yard shine. My little bunny friend was here again this morning peering in to see what I was up to. He is starting to grow quite a bit. I think he must spend most of his day under the shed to stay out of the heat. I think it might just be a small messenger from God;  here to let me know that God is still looking in on me. With that, I urge you to look around your life and see if you can discover when and where and how God is staying in touch with you. I guarantee you God is there, whether you recognize God or not.  Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment