Monday, July 20, 2015

Its my Birthday!

Happy birthday to me! And, --- it is going to be a great day --- because I said so! My Facebook page has been flooded with well wishes and love  and life is good. It is hard to believe that I am now in my 71st year on this planet. And, it is hard to believe that God is not yet tired of filling my life with blessings. Whether I actually reach 72 or not --- I have had a blessed life. 

It is a cloudy morning and 76 degrees. The sidewalk is wet still. It was raining last night when we went to bed. and is supposed to rain off and on pretty much most of the day. That's fine with me because I have a newslettter to put together today and if it were really nice outside, --- that's where my mind would be. We do need to go out yet this morning and take Ms. Kate to have some bloodwork done. Her blood thinners are causing her problems so we had to go back again for another draw. That won't take very long. Maybe we'll grab some breakfast while wwe are out too. 

We had a great day yesterday. After church we took off for New Albany, IN to see Julie and Jim. We had a cooler full of sweet corn that we had put up on Saturday to take to them. And --- they were going to an open house to look at a place and we wanted to go with them. The house we looked at might have been a nice place at one time but the current owner had really let it run down and obviously had no idea how to prepare a place to sell it or for an open house. Nor was her realtor of any help. That realtor needs to learn that "loose lips sink ships, --- and lose house sales." Needless to say, they won't be buying that place. But, it was fun to go with them. After we finished with that house, Julie and Jim took us out for dinner at PF Chaangs, Ms. Kate's all time favorite resturant. After dinner we zipped back down I-64 and came home. It was a fun day. 

My little bunny buddy was here again this morning, but --- it is going to get into trouble with Ms. Kate. It was up in one of the potted plants this morning having a salad for breakfast when I came out here to the sunporch. I had to literally run it off because it wasn't the least bit afraid of me. The other evening there was a red fox sitting in the neighbor's yard eating something and I thought it might be my little buddy. But --- if it starts eating away Ms. Kate's potted plants, she might just tie it up out there for the fox to come get it. LOL. That fox could get fat if it would just eat a dozen or so of these squirrels around here. We've lived here now for 14 years and that is the first fox we've seen in the neighborhood. 

So, it is time to get ready to head out the door. But first I must offer up my prayers to our Amazing God! This morning I thank God for my 71 years on this earth and for the unimaginable amount of blessings I have been given. I also offer up prayers for sevral of my loved ones and friends and or parishioners who are sick or having severe medical issues. I pray they will find healing and or comfort through the touch of God's hand. God's will be done in each case. I thank God for the little hummingbird that is drinking pollen from the my phlox plants right outside my door. They are just another reminder of the majestic and mystifying work of an Almighty God. And I pray that as I start a new year of my life; God will be my constant guide and that I can serve Him to whatever level God desires.  God is still speaking, --- and I am still listening. Have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment