Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Mystery Continues

Happy Thursday Morning to you. It is a beautiful morning and I really need to get outside and get some yard work done today. This is exactly the kind of weather I've been whining for. See, God answers prayers in God's own time. It is up to me to be prepared to use the time God gives me.

I think I told you a couple of days ago that something, most likely a raccoon had stolen a feeder from off of the hook outside my door. I looked for it and I looked for it some more to no avail. Yesterday I bought a replacement but have yet to hang it up. This mornng, that lost feeder is lying out side my door, fully intact, with most of the feed still in it. I'm a little baffled by it all. That is some strange happening. 

We did a bit of buying at the birdfood store yesterday. They had 20% off on one of my most bought products (the seedcake cylinders) so I bought several. They keep good in the refrigerator. I also bought a new finch feeder that was 50% off. I could still use another 50 # of sunflower seed but will wait. My can holds 100 pounds so I'm good for a couple of weeks on that. 

We got the bulletins and newsletter all run and folded yesterday. Interestingly enough, last evening we were watching "Duck Dynasty".  Willie and his brothers were at their church folding and stuffing the buletins for the coming service. Willie made the remark that stuffing the church bulletins must be the most menial job in the world. I had to giggle at that. I wonder if Jesus thought that as he as washing his disciple's dirty calloused feet??

I've read my devotionals this morning and now it is time to finish this and get busy with the chores list. First I must take a few moments and offer praise and prayer to the marvelous God who has provided this day. I offer prayers of thanks for the slow healing and rehabilitation that is happening with my brother-in-law, Byron. I also give thanks for the slow healing that is taking place with the family that rents one of the two parsonages. The husband is slowly recovering from his broken neck and it appears hopeful he will regain full movement at some point. More importantly, the family is slowly recovering from the death of the child that was killled in that same accident. God is certainly walking them through this process. I talked to the lady yesterday and invited them once again to become part of our faith family as they have none of their own. Whether they decide to come to church or not --- we still hold them in our prayers. 

And, as I close, I offer up prayers for peace in the heart and soul of whomever mght be reading this. We are one together in the Spirit of the Lord. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment