Thursday, July 30, 2015

Fantastic! That is the word for describing this morning. The sun is shining brightly without a cloud in the sky. There is a light breeze and it is 72 degrees. Best of all, the humidity has dropped way down. Yesterday was miserable outside. The heat index was up to around 110 degrees, even 115 in places. It really made it hard for me to breathe. It is only supposed to go to 89 degrees today so I think it will be a good day to work in the yard for awhile.

Most of my critter friends are here this morning for breakfast. Mr. Fuss-a-lot the bluejay has been here several times do a snatch and go. He grabs a little bark butter and then he stops at the birdbath for a drink to wash it down. The red headed woodpecker has also been here several times. I put the bark butter "stick" out fresh this morning. I had filled it two evenings ago and yesterday morning it was already empty. So I filled it again last evening but this time I kept it inside and put it out this morning. I think maybe one of my night raiders had cleaned it out before. I fillled my Amish gazebo feeder with safflower seed again. The cardinals really like that and not too many other big birds do. So, that five pounds of feed will last the cardinals almost three weeks. Had I filled it with sunflower-seeds, it would have been empty by Sunday. I have started filling some of my feeders with shelled peanuts and everything seems to like them. I like it because they are cheaper than much of the stuff I buy. Buzz, the hummingbird has already been here this morning to sip frrom the phlox. I told you, --- it is a fantastic morning. Thank you, Lord God, for a morning of blessings.

Ms. Kate and I are so excited and happy for our oldest daughter, Julie and her husband, Jim. She called me yesterday and told us they had been pre-approved for a mortgage loan. That might not seem like it is all that big a deal and we know it happenes for people everyday. However, Julie and Jim have never owned a home, or been in a financial position to buy a home. They have been living in apartments for the thirty years they have been married. We have really been pushing them to try to buy a house and get out of Townhouse living. Her  RA is getting worse all the time and she really needs to be in a one story house without stairs. So, now they can begin to earnestly start the search for a home of their own. I'm not sure who is more excited; them or me.

I need to get out of this chair and into y work clothes and make use of this day that God has provided befoore it gets too warm. Before I do though, I'll first take a moment to offer prayers for loved ones, and prayers of gratitude for the overflowing blessings in my life. I haven't heard from my sister in a week or so as to how Byron is doing with his post-surgery therapy but pray he is adjusting  and doing better. I also lift up the people of my parish and pray for good things for them. God is so very good. I also pray that you who read this are having an absolutely wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment