Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Good morning! I'm sorry I missed you yesterday. Ms. Kate and I got busy early and I didn't get back to my sunporch until late afternoon after I had filled my birdfeeders. But, I'm here early this morning watching my feathered friends and listening to the thunder overhead. The sidewalk is damp so I assume we had some amount of rain and I can hear the few rain drops that are falling now. The forecast calls for morning thunderstorms and another day of excessive humidity today and some nice and dry weather until next week sometime..

One of our priorities was taken care of yesterday; we went to the funeral home and did my pre-planning for my funeral. We had done Ms. Kate's many years ago and because of cost we said we'll wait until her's was paid for. Of course, we just never got around to doing mine. But --- we are now trying to catch up on all of those "things a person should do". I guess the two recent deaths in the family have prompted us into action. So, --- now both of our funerals are paid for. We bought our burial plots decades ago, so we are all set for the eventual. Friday we go to a lawyer friend and have him update our wills and set up what little our estate may be into a trust. If you haven't done any of this stuff, you may want to think about it. And --- true to who we are; --- Ms. Kate and I have matching caskets! Ain't that sweet??

Today is Wednesday and of course that means we go to the churches and run the bulletins for this coming Sunday. We also have a couple of things to pick up from the store, one of which is another 100# of sunflower seed for the critters. I pretty well emptied the can when I filled the feeders last evening.

The Facebook furor this morning is over an American dentist who when on a Safari hunt in Africa and killed a huge male lion, named Cecil. Cecil had been very popular with conservationist, and with "Camera Safari Hunters. Cecil was wearing a GPS collar and was the pride leader of a large pride of lions. The dentist says his hunt was legal, and it may or may not have been, --- but was it ethical? Cecil was baited to the kill, which wasn't a "clean kill" so they had to track him to "finish the job". He was then beheaded, skinned, and his body and his GPS collar, which they tried to destroy, --- left to rot or become hyena food. As a result, any younger male lion that takes over the pride will kill any younger lion cubs from Cecil's bloodline in order to establish his own pure bloodline. That's just the way it is. I haven't hunted in years, and I would only hunt what I could eat. What this guy did, and I think what all "trophy hunters" do, was a crime against nature and a sin against the Creator, God.

The thunder has stopped for now and my coffee cup has gone dry. The squirrels have arrived to rob the feeders, and both my bunny and "Buzz" the himmingbird have come to the glass doors to peek in. I guess I will quit writing and give God thanks for yet another wonderful day in my life. Have a goosd day my friends. Take time to stop and count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment