Friday, July 24, 2015

A beautiful Friday morning waited for my arrival out here in the sunporch this morning. Its 74 degrees outside and the sun is shining brightly, and there is just a hint of a breeze moving the leaves of the plants and trees.

I had a highly productive day in the back and north side yard yesterday. Again, it was a perfect day to be out there and I had a lot of stuff to do. I'm far from finished, but it looks so good. The north side of the house just never gets seen or tended to. It is partially fenced in and in reality, we have no reason to be on that side of the house. So the weeds, lilacs, spirea just totally over took it. It had gotten to the point that Ms. Kate could no longer see out her office window because of the "horse weed" growing in front of it. Well, it's cleared out now; --- and I'm three baseballs and a wiffle ball richer from the next door neighbor kids losing balls over the fence in there.

So, the back yard is all mowed and the birdfeeders are all filled, my coffee cup is about half empty as I sit here and enjoy my surroundings. Once I get to moving, I'll jump on the John Deere and mow the front yard and Dan's yard. The two new feeders are filled and being enjoyed and no critters ran off with any of the feeders last night. The first squirrel just showed up for breakfast. I did some tree trimming yesterday to make it a bit more difficult for the squirrels. Yesterday afternoon they came around and were perplexed that their bridges and travel routes no longer existed. But, it won't slow them down for more than a day or two and they will figure something out.

I'm a bit bleary eyed this morning as I didn't get to bed until around 1:30 this morning. Once again an extended family issue has raised its dark and ugly head and I was busy stewing over that. No, I don't always follow my own advice and just turn things over to God, and yes I understand that Jesus said that worrying over an issue gains not a single thing. I'm working on it through prayer and life priority rearrangement and counting of blessings. I've found that once we can manage to take the emotions out of a situation, peace for one's soul is much easier attained. History can not be changed so we must learn to deal with the new realities and press on with life. ----- And, I apologize for dumping my funk on you this morning.

Ms. Kate has re-filled my coffee cup so I can be a slug for maybe another half an hour. Bless her little heart.  She and my girls are mysanity scratching posts. I hope you have a blessed weekend. Stop by your church this weekend and have a chat with God. I promise it will be good for your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment