Thursday, July 16, 2015

Good morning from the sunporch! Its a warm (75 degrees) morning out there already and a breeze is blowing which should make it somewhat comfortable. The sun is coming over the rooftop and beginning to brighten up the yard back here. All in all it is supposed to be a relatively nice day as the temperature climbs to the upper 80's. 

I'm not sure what will be on our agenda for today other than taking Ms. Kate to have her monthly blood work done. I know that I have writing to do today at some point, but, I can do that in the evening if I have to. Since it isn't raining for a change, it might be a good day to take a couple of chairs up to Princeton to a furniture restoration place. We got these from Ms. Kate's aunt and they are beaautiful. However, they are uncomfortable from decades of people sitting on them and the springs have broken down. They also need to be re-upholstered and there aren't very many place to even find new material to do that with. I've heard this place in Princeton does good work so we need to take them there. 

Yesterday turned out to be a busy day for both of us. Ms. Kate spent much of the day making her greeting cards. She does a wonderful job of that and people seem to really appreciate the fact that they receive hand made cards from her. But, it takes a lot of work and time. I'm sure we aren't saving any money by her making them because we are always getting new stamping material in the mail that she has ordered. But then, saving money was never the plan in the first place. Besides making cards, she also cleaned out one of our freezers. It is about time to put up corn and peaches again and we need room in the freezers. Despite what we got rid of bcause it was old, it didn't seem we gained much room. We have another freezer downstairs that is almost as full and we need to do the same thing down there. Obviously we need to eat out less and cook at home more.  

While she was working here at home, I went to the churches and ran my bulletins for the week. I also had a meeting with a parishioner that took quite a while. And I stopped by a friend's place and picked up some fresh corn on the cob. Last evening I worked on worship services and started my sermon for the 26th of July. There is always something to do. I don't know what I would do with myself if I actually did retire; probably just drive Ms. Kate boinkers. 

I've read my morning devotional already this morning and offered up my thoughts and prayers to the Lord so I reckon it is time to start the day. I wish for you who may read this, nothing but good things and peace in your heart and soul. God walks with you everywhere you go and the love of Jesus Christ will sustain you through any crisis in you life. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment