Friday, July 31, 2015

A Friday afternoon post because we been tied up doing other things. And a happy Friday and weekend to you!

Ms. Kate and I are just sitting here enoying the afternoon chatting and trying to decide what to do about supper. The place that we would like to go to is closed for a couple of more days for vacation. We are kind of hungry for some deep fried mushrooms and the St. Joe Inn makes the best one without driving fifty miles to Vincennes, IN. So, we'll just have to be hungry for something else I reckon. Actually, fried chicken or catfish fiddlers sounds pretty good too. And --- we have a place called "The Log Inn" that serves the best around of either one of those. The Log Inn was an old stage coach stop and Abraham Lincoln actually stopped there at one time. ----- Of course, --- Popeye's has good chicken too and I can get red beans and rice there. Life is just so full of important decisions and choices.

This morning Ms. Kate and I went to see a lawyer friend of ours to talk about re-doing our will. Our last one was done in 1994 and a few things have changed. We need to go back next week and do it some more after I take him some additional paperwork. Part of the problem lies tied up in some land that we are a part of in Illinois and we need to get all of that straightened out and re-titled. Our lawyer friend said the property issue could become a lawyers "pork-barrel", which is never a good thing for me.

After the lawyer, we met Ms. Kate's sister for lunch at The Cracker Barrel. I like to eat there but Ms. Kate isn't crazy about it except on Saturday when they have chicken and rice for their featured dish. I just go and order breakfast no matter what time of the day or what day it is. I could eat eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits and gravy and bacon three times a day.  Of course, then I could also become the new spokesperson for Crestor!!

I got out in the yard yesterday and did a bunch of work. I finally got the new flowerbed area worked up on the north side of the yard and we planted the daffodils that I had dig up in the late spring. Assuming they come up, it will be a beautiful sight come spring. I also got  an area outfront freshly mulched. I still have a big area that I need to work on and get it all tilled up and the iris transplanted in to it. There is never a shortage of stuff to be done if a person is going to raise flowers and gardens. Some time I think I should have just left everything in grass. Our ability to continue taking care of this stuff continues to diminish. But, we'll continue to do it as long as we can.

It is time for my eveningnews so I am going to junp off of here. I pray you will have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment