Monday, July 13, 2015

Home Again

Hello Monday Morning!

Ms. Kate and I are home again from our most wonderful vacation and family reunion in the Nashville, TN area. It was so relaxing and wonderful to sit and hear a house full of laughter and love for a week as the girls all caught up with one another. The four cousins had a great time together too. They are as different as can be. Amanda and Matt are pure country and Lauren and Jon are pure SOCAL but they had a ball together too. 

Sunday was a day of back to routine around here. We had church first thing, then a congregational meeting for the St. Lucas folks and that was followed by a meal and fellowship. Ms. Kate and I then came home, took a nap, and then we filled the 17 bird feeders that were totally empty. 

This morning, first thing at 0700 we had some stupid robo-call that woke us up so the day is starting earlier than we had hoped. But, I haven't started my sermon for the week so getting started earlier today is a good thing. I need to make sure I don't stay out here in the sun porch too long. 

It is indeed beautiful out this morning. I got the yards mowed when I came home on Saturday so that looks nice. The phlox is in full bloom as are the stargazer lillies. They smell heavenly. The sun is shining brightly and the birds have discoverd that the feeders are full. Of course the squirrels now know that too and are eagerly chowing down on sunflower seed. It is already hot and humid today and we are under a moderate threat of severe thunderstorms later today. I've talked to Julie and Heather already this morning. Julie said they had terrible storm all night there in the Louisvlle, KY area and are expecting more today. Heather on the other hand is still under drought conditions and a mandatory 25% water reduction condition. Our world's weather is really screwed up this year. We had more rain in June than California has had all year. 

As I sit here, I can't help but think how blessed I am. Of course I'm still feeling the vacation after-glow but it is more than that. Life is all about perspective and making one's life what they want it to be. I Know there are many people facing crisis and pain this morning as I sit here all comfortable in my recliner watching the birds. I pray that they will find a way to look through the crisis and find the opportunity that waits for them in the middle of that crisis. I offer prayer this morning for those hurting today, in particular, my brother-in-law who is currently undergoing therapy as he re-adjusts to the complications of his surgery. For he and his family I would offer this prayer; "Thank you, Lord, for this day. You have given us one more day of life,  and the opportunity to be with each other. May we use this day to glorify Your Name."

I offer that prayer for myself and all that I love, and that includes anyone who might read this.  God is so very good. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment