Wednesday, April 1, 2015

"This a day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!". What a most beautiful morning. Again the sun is shining brightly, there is no breeze this morning and it is 54° outside. The birds are singing from virtually every direction. It is a great morning to be alive.

I spent a few hours out in the yard yesterday. I got the fertilizer spread and Epsom Salt spread on the garden bed and the flower beds that required it. Ms. Kate provided direction on that task. The Epsom Salt adds acidity to the soil and some plants like it and some it isn't good for. I also got the feeders all topped off or filled. Several of the smaller suet feeders are "just about" empty. I'll let the birds finish those off before I put in replacement suet. Next, I started in on the roses, and got a dozen of them trimmed back. Several I had to take to ground level to find any new growth. The winter was tough on them. But they will be beautiful when they come out. I still have one more bed with roses to tackle and those are going to be tough. They are a group of three knockout roses that are intertwined and knarly. I'll probaby get out the hedge trimmer and cut it back that way. The trim job won't take all that long; the clean up of the residual will take a bit though. I generally cut my trimmings into small pieces and bag them. Tomorrow is trash day so, I need to finish it up today. And --- assuming I still have time, I need to get my grub and bug killer spread. It is supposed to rain off and on for the next couple of days so all of this stuff I've spread will disolve and start working in the soil.

My day also will incude choir practice this evening and hopefully finally getting my fingers moving on the computer keyboard and getting next weeks sermon written. But first --- this morning includes a pedicure for Ms. Kate and me. Yes, it is an indulgence, but I like having it done. I don't reach my toe nails as easy as I once could. My air supply gets cut off by my belly getting in the way. Getting old and fat just ain't for sissies. It takes stamina and character, and determination.

This is Wednesday of Holy Week. We don't have a record of what Jesus may have done today. I suspect he would have continued doing what he did best; teaching, healing, loving and praying; all the while knowing that by tomorrow night, one of his disciples will betray him, and the end of his earthly existence will come to a close. Don't you wonder what emotions would have been running through him?

With that, I will close for today and offer up prayers for friends and loved ones, and prayers of gratitude for the myriad blessings God has given me already again today. Have a most wonderful spring day. It was your morning gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment