Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Another rainy day; I wonder if my backyard will get mowed before the tigers and elephants move in. But, despiite the rain, it is an alright day. The yard has changed so much since my last opportunity to actuallh sit out here for a few moments and enjoy it. The Redbud trees are in full bloom, the Dowood trees are blooming. The roses and hydrangias are all leafed out and growing. The daffodils are done with their blooming and the azellias are with blooming or budding out. All of that happened in just a few short days. God simply said "taa-daa", and there it all was.

I'm up eartly to have mmy coffee before heading out to the funeral home. My mother passed away just 24 hours ago, and we have to meet to go over the arrangements. Her funeral services are all pre-paid but things still need to be done. So, I'm meeting my sister there at 0930.

This afternoon I suppose we will go out to mother's apartment and start the sorting of stuff. It is amazing what people hang on to and keep that other people in the family have no desire for. But, we need to get the place empty so that her estate doesn't get charged another month's rent. When this day comes for Ms. Kate and I; my three daughters, who live east coast, west coast and midwest are gonna have a lot of unkind words for us. Mother has two rooms of stuff; we have 3000 sq. ft. and two sheds full of stuff. My advise to them, --- take what you can haul in one trip and call an auctioneer! And pray it isn't raining.

I apologize for the lack of sunporch notes and the shortness of them but I know you understand and have been there done that with loved ones of your own. This last two weeks have been a challenge but as always, --- God has been good. Mother lived 97 years doing exactly what she wanted including "bingo" on the morning of her stroke. When the stroke took her down she never woke up again but slept through the next ten days while her body shut down. I give God praise for that final blessing in her life.

I hope your day will be a blessed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment