Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A blessed good morning to you; and it is indeed a blessed morning. It isn't raining yet and it is 59° with a slight breeze. I'm hoping the grass is just dry enough out here in the back yard that I can get it mowed this morning before we head out to the funeral home. Isn't it funny how a simple thing like mowing your yard can provide a person a "sanity break"? I guess that is because it is a "normal" thing to do in the midst of other more stressful things we have to do.

There are lots of my bird friends out here this morning to sing their songs and have breakfast at the buffet. I still haven't filled the bark butter feeders and the suet feeders are all empty. The sad part of that that I had a pilated woodpecker come in for breakfast and had no bark butter for him. Of course it doesn't get bark butter out in the wild either but I love to have them here and the bark butter seems to attract them.

The redbud trees and the dogwood trees are really getting pretty and the azaelias are starting to put on pretty nicely too. There are others in the neighborhood that are much farther along but ours will be beautiful before long. I do love spring time with all of the birds singing, the flowers blooming, the gentle breeze and soft rain drops on the roof. Of course there is also the smell of newly mown grass, including the onions, as well the pollen and allergy medicines. Springtime is a wonderful time. Ms. Kate noticed that the Virginia Bluebells are blooming today too. Yesterday as we started out the door she stopped to check on the asparagus and then I waited while she went and got a knife and cut that. There was enough for a mess of it for supper last night and still have enough for another meal. At this time of year, we have to cut it every day almost.

Let me start my morning talk with the Lord with prayers of gratitude. We have been overwhelmed with kind words and prayers since my mother had her stroke and has now passed. So I must thank God for all you that have sent prayers and for a host of Mother's friends. I thank God that she passed peacefully. I ask for safe travels for those who may be coming in for the visitation and or funeral. I thank God for my wonderful faith family from whom we draw strength. Every time I think I'm tired and maybe should truly consider retirement; --- they go and do something awesome and just pour love all over Ms. Kate and me. It gets me all full of the Holy Spirit and refreshes my spirit. Love just has that effect on a person.

I hope your day is blessed. Mine already has been. Now --- I gotta' mow my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment