Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Gosh, it is wonderful to be able to take time to sit out here in the sunporch. Although it is pretty darn early, or at least earlier than I want to be up. I woke up around 0530 and the brain immediately activated with seemingly a hundred different random thoughts. I knew I was not going to get any more rest, but I did lay there for another hour. I think they call that stress; --- and I'm not accustomed to having stress. And --- I don't like it. So, as I said, it is wonderful to be back in the sunporch with my cup of coffee and my yard full of friends.

We left the hospital around six-thirty last night. There has been no perceptible change in my mother's status. I hate sitting there waiting for someone to die; --- it feels so "vulture-like". Many people cherish those last moments and they hang on to their loved one dearly.  I guess I just find it all a bit morbid and frankly, non-productive. We all deal with these kinds of things in different ways and have different needs at a time like this.

From there we went up to the churches and ran the bulletins for this Sunday's service. We generally do that on Wednesday, but who knows what the rest of the week might hold. I probably should take my laptop to the hospital with me and I could do some writing there. However, there really isn't a comfortable way or place to do that. Besides, we have so many of her friends coming through to see her and that requires conversation which equals distraction. (Does that sound cold-hearted?)

So, my morning here in the sunporch includes listening to the rain drops on the roof while seeing the sun peek through them as it begins to brighten up the back yard. It is a lovely and relaxing experience. I could easily drift back off to sleep out here. The air is full of birdsong today. I think they are celebrating the warm spring day too. I see the bark-butter feeders are empty and the woodpeckers are not happy about that. From here in my recliner it appears that most everything else is still ok. I noticed though when I last filled everything that another trip to the feed store is in order as my sunflower seed can is about fifty or so pounds lght. Maybe we will get out of this rainy day pattern and I will go pick up another 100 pounds.

I also see that my yard has gone from winter brown to spring green and needs to be mowed. That danged fertilizer did what it was suppised to do. I still don't have the snow blade off of the John Deere which means the mower deck isn't on it either. So my brain is hollering "danger, danger, John Heumann. You may have to actually walk behind the little mower!"

As I sign off this morning, I give my thanks to God for a peaceful morning filled with birdsong and flowers, and small raindrops mixed with sunshine. It was just the mixture I needed to do a mind dump; or at least clear a space in there for important things like gratitude for my life full of blessings. Have a most wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment