Thursday, April 16, 2015

This morning I will bury my mother. In doing so I will be closing a chapter in my life that began back in 1949 when my sister and I were adopted out of the Veach Orphanage home in Rockport, Indiana. That orphanage home burned down many years ago and now coincidently is the site Rockport Re-cycling center. I have said many times that the purpose for use of the land hasn't changed, --- it is just a different product being recycled now. Back then, it was children.

There are many ways I could attribute to the changes in my life since I was adopted but the single most and best contribution that Mervin and Cora Heumann made in my life was the act of the adoption itself. Had I not been adopted by them; the odds are infintestible that I would have ever met Ms. Kathy Parton. So in reality, had that adoption not occured, my children would not exist nor would their children. None of the accomplishments they and we have made and will hopefully will continue to make would have happened. None of the hundreds of friends we have made or the lives that we have impacted would have been made. And so, --- as I bury my mother this morning, I simply say "thank you" for adopting me. Believe it or not, in its own way with that single act, you made a change in the world.

With that all said, I must get myself ready and head on out the door. It is a foggy morning and God has wrapped the covers over the area. I live a foggy morning, so "thank you Lord" for my favorite kind if morning.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment