Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Good afternoon from my mother's bedside. Ms. Kate and I have rotated the shift for a bit today. She came and sat while I finished my sermon for this Sunday. Now she is off to get her hair cut and fixed so she is ready for the eventuality. Mother is sleeping very peacefully and the only indication of life is the gentle and seemingly occasional rise of the sheet.

I have been amazed at the number of visitors that have come by to see her. Friends from church and friends and staff from the assisted living facility where she lived have kept a fairly steady pace in and out of the room. All come with expressions of sympathy and love for her. It's nice to know she made an impact on other people's lives. Afterall, I believe that is at least one of the reason's God put us on earth.

The storms have been rolling through the area with thunder, lightening, and even a couple of funnel clouds were spotted. I haven't heard of any actual touch down although there are a few reports of wind damage here and there. That is southern Indiana weather in the springtime though. We have two different thirteen week periods during the year that are considered our "severe weather period"; one in the spring and one in the fall. If we get through them with little to no damage or loss of life; --- it is a good thing.

I glanced out the kitchen window earlier and it appeared as though the feeders were still fairly full. But, since I don't have porch time right now, I guess I'm not too concerned about it.

So, as I set here, I'offering up prayer for loved ones and prayers that God continue to watch over her and then peacefully take her through that invisible veil that separates our life from our death.

I wish for you a blessed day and peace in your soyl and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment