Friday, April 10, 2015

The weather is morning is 180° opposite from yesterday and last night. We've had a week of unsettled weather and last night was the grand finale, at least for us. The storms have now moved north-eastward. But it was indeed a light show. I stood out here in the sunroom for part of it. The wind was fairly strong. There was a measured gust of 66 mph at the airport, which is just a mile or so from us. But the sun is shining brightly this morning and the temperature is only to get to a seasonal high of 65 or so to day as opposed to the 81° we had yesterday.

We are on day nine of hospital room sitting as we watch beside my mother's deathbed. I don't see how she can last much longer; she has had no food or liquid intake for seven days now. So, we sit and wait and watch, and yes --- pray.

There are lots of cardinals out here this morning. There are still feeders with seed in them but most are empty. They won't get filled today. The grass needs mowing, --- it won't get done today. The daffodils are pretty much done blooming but the tulips are a brilliant red and are blooming beautifully. The roses I trimmed last week are all coming out well and the peonies are standing a around nine inches tall or there about. And from the garden, we have had our second cutting of asparagus. It is definitely springtime.

My little wrens are singing happily this morning. But, that is only an assumption because they might in fact be telling the neighborhood what a bum I am for not having the food out there it wants. Well, they will just have to go pick on the squirrels because the squirrels are the ones who cleaned them out. If I just didn't have neighbors, --- I guarantee you I wouldn't have squirrels either. However, there are enough neighborhoods around with stray bullets flying through them that I don't need to add to them.

Ms. Kate and I are both supposed to have optometry apointments this morning. We boh need them so, I'm not sure whether to keep them or change them . Unfortunately I think I need a lens change and so does she. Hello --- big bucks.

My cup is empty and I have things to do before heading to the hospital. Perhaps God will take my mother home today and she can join my dad and all of her other family that are waiting on her to quit fighting the inevitable and come on home. Either way, --- we wait for God to do what God chooses to do, --- and whatever that is; --- will be good. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment