Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm up earlier than usual today. That frequently happens on days that I have to set my alarm clock. I almost always will be up long before it goes off. This morning I have to get ready and go conduct a funeral.

The sun has barely begun to crest the roof top to light up my flowers. The Blue Jay is fussing this morning about something. Maybe it don't appreciate a 57° morning on the 16th of July. I love it. But then, I like to be cool. Poor Ms. Kate is always cold and I always warm or hot. At night time she will be covered under the layers of  blanket while I'm totally uncovered with the ceiling fan going.

My feathered friends should all be happy this morning. I replenished my supplies yesterday. I was pretty much on target with my estimate of cost. I dropped $120.00 bucks on black oil sunflower seed, thistle seed and various other things that I use to keep the critters happy. The weeks of enjoyment though makes that a fairly inexpensive cost for entertainment.

I got out and worked for awhile yesterday in a flower bed. Just being outside, breathing in the fresh air was invigorating. We have a circular planter bed that I built several years ago that badly needed weeding. About the only thing in there is a couple of Knockout Roses but it had gotten overgrown with weeds in the past few weeks while we were gone. I'll finish it off today after we get home from the churches. Our cool snap is supposed to last maybe one more day so I want to take advantage of it.

I thought I detected the smell of bacon and bisquits is in the air. But, it was even better. Bisquits, eggs, and sausage gravy were on the table and Ms. Kate has called me to breakfast. So, if you will pardon me, I'll say my grace and thank you over my breakfast plate.

Have a wonderful day. That home msde strawberry jelly just made my day even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment