Saturday, July 19, 2014

The sunshine is finally peeking through the high clouds. It is again a nice cool 65° out this morning with only a little breeze, making it very comfortable.

It is Saturday morning and I haven't decided what I want to do with myself yet today. We did pick up three buschel of sweet corn yesterday and got that put in the freezer. It really didn't take all that long. I don't think we actually started on it until around noon and we were done and had everything put away by five o'clock. And, that included stopping for lunch, and stopping to visit with my sister in law for almost an hour. But, we will enjoy it this winter.

I have a lot of birds out there this morning including several Goldfinches and Cardinals. Of course they constantly fly off every time we let the dogs burst through the door to chase squirrels. Auggie spends most of his time out there patrolling one specific area. He's watching for Voles and is pretty good at catching them. Of course then he wants to bring their bloody mangled body and show yoou how proud he is of his hunting skills. Yuk! It always ends up with Julie having to chase him down and taking it away from him so he doesn't eat it or worse, sneek it into the house. But it is Auggie's great game.

I need to check the garden today and see what might be ready. I haven't picked for a couple of days so there might be some cucumbers or squash ready. I checked the tomatoes yesteday and nothing was ready. This has been our best garden year in quite awhile. Perhaps we'll drive out to the orchard and see what is ready out there. Our friend Bob was telling us that one of our orchards has raised some delicious nectarines. Perhaps they are ready for picking. I also need to go to Sam's Club to see if they have flag poles. Mine got broken off by the micro-burst that we had awhile back. That is the second time that has happened.

Life just continues to give me peace. On this, the last day of my sixty ninth year on earth, I thank God for protecting me and guiding me all these years. But for God's grace, there is no telling what my life would be like.  Tomorrow I start another decade of life. Will I make it through another decade? I certainly plan to and I pray that all of my family and loved ones will be there enjoying it with me. Life is just so very much easier when we turn it over to the Lord and take our hands off of the wheel. Jesus Christ is a far better driver than I will ever be. So, I think I'll just let him keep the keys permanently.

Stop today and once again count your blessings. You have a whole new bucket full since yesterday. Have a most wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment