Friday, July 18, 2014

God has given us yet another beautiful cool morning. It is a very comfortable 71° outside and high thin clouds overhead are preventing the sun from bursting through. There is a nice gentle breeze blowing so the temperature is perfect.

Julie and the pupperonis are here. The three of them are gently snoring here in the sunporch. I'm pleased that she is getting some rest. Her RA seldom gives her a solid night's sleep and her two dogs are no value added to that equation with their constant demand to go in or out. But then as a technogeek, she doesn't help herself either because some ipad, ipod, or iphone is always going off with some alert or another.

I'm waiting on Ms. Kate to get ready. I'm going up to Ritter produce this morning to get sweet corn. I hope to get three buschel so we can put some in the freezer for us and some for Julie & Jim. I know they have three dozen ears ready for me but I'm hoping they have at least another five dozen pulled so we can get it all done today. I use the turkey fryer to cook the corn in outside. That keeps all the heat out of the kitchen. My jobs are to shuck and silk it and cook it. Ms. Kate and Julie will cut it off the cob and package it and get it in the freezer. The dogs job will be to get in the way.

On the blessed news front, my sister and brother in law learned yesterday that the treatment his oncolgist is recommending will be covered totally by their insurance. It was a real worry because they were facing the real possibility that this treatment would wipe out a lifetime out savings to an unknown end. But God has opened the door for them and we believe provided the path. We still don't know how much good the treatment will do, and it affects everyone differently, but the financial burden portion of the question has been answered. God is good --- all the time. For that, I offer my prayer of thanksgiving this morning.

Ms. Kate is ready so it is time to go. I hope you have avwonderful day

No comments:

Post a Comment